Tuesday, November 1, 2011

catching up!

How long as it been since my last post?

Trouble in heaven, I didn't have internet connection so I couldn't write or do pretty much anything. It is a sad, lonely life without internet. :')
Anyway, I seem to have come to a solution, so here I am.

I've got news on my readings:

So, last time I wrote I had finished Anna Karenina and The Turn of The Screw, hadn't I?
Well, after that I was eager to read Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.
And of course I didn't.
What I started, and am still reading right now because I am just so slow with books are the following:
  • The Portrait of a Lady, because I wanted to explore Henry James, so at least I have to read two books by him. (I feel like I've already talked of this in another post? But whatever, I'll check later)
  • A Midsummer Night's dream; correction: this I have finished. And what I'm about to tell you will make you pale: I read because I has just started the Iron King (Iron Fey Series) by Julie Kagawa, and it was based on that. I know, I know, getting to know Shakefreakingspeare's plays through a paranormal series is what I would call shameful. But moving on. I finished it, so moved on the next Shakespeare's work. (this time I didn't need anyone to tell me about it, you'll see)
  • Hamlet. (: Heehee. I'm still reading it right now, as you can easily see on my goodreads account. (as if somebody was actually reading this blog. I'm so delusional) So far, so good, as the saying goes. I'm still in the first hundred pages, so yeah, we'll see. It sounds strange to say 'we'll see' about a Shakespeare play haha, but still.
  • Forbidden. By.. Tabitha Suzuma, I believe it was? It sounded good. From its synopsis on goodreads, it seemed to have the right amount of twist and realistic setting to be likable. So, we'll see.
  • Broken, by Meghan Hart. This one I've been stuck for more than two or three weeks now. Or well, stuck isn't the right term, since I haven't touched the poor book all the while. I just.. stopped reading it. I guess I'll pick it up again some time, soon. I hope.
  • And last (both in this list and in time, since I jurt started it tonight) but not least, (the only PN one, so maybe 'least' isn't totally wrong. depends on where you come from) Half-blood by Jennifer your-surname-is-too-long-and-complicated-sorry. I've only read two or three pages, and already it sounds a little like Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. The way daimons (what the hell of a name is that? Anyway, that would be Strigoi) are 'formed', how this guys are divided between Pure bloods (Moroi), which should be like la creme de la creme, and Half bloods (dhampirs), who are guardians or something. (still haven't read enough of it to have it clear, but it seems much like it) Anyway, it's not totally a bad things, since Vampire Academy is my favorite YA series ever. I mean, at least this author made her series like an amazing series, instead of a crappy one.
List over.
But these days I've bought another bunch of Classics, too. I want to have some culture. haha.
So I've bought:
Still from Shakespear, Much Ado for Nothing, Othello and As You Like It.
Then, a book called 'The Age of Innocence' for which I am a bit ashamed because I had never heard the author's name, and can't even remember it now, but it was among the Collins Classics so I assume he's someone important?
And I still have to read Tale of Two Cities by Dickens. (as soon as I'm over these, can't wait) and the old, good Wutherings Heights from earlier. ;D
Plus a neverending list of PN and YA I've got on goodreads.
Not to mention some tv series I've got to catch up on.
So, a lot of work ahead. (:


But talking about random stuff, did you (nonexistent) guys know that I'm going to freaking China in May?! mwahahahaha. Caaaan't wait. I'll go crazy there. And with my obsession for Chinese guys.. you never know. haha
School this year isn't so bad, I actually think I might come out of these year with good grades.
We'll see, I sincerely hope so.
This is the year where grades and extra courses and things like that start to count, so I've got to work hard.

Now, I'm tired of writing.
I guess I'll see you at my next post.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello :)

My photo
This blog is part of my uni coursework in which I have to link a specific subject of interest to the general shift to digital that has affected our society in recent years. Here I am going to discuss in depth various ways in which this shift has radically changed our youth in particular, and shaped them as what is often defined as a 'digital generation'. I hope to do a decent job! Cheers